Römerstraße 10 · 52428 Jülich
fon: 02461 58282

In a case of emergency.
How does the Protection Against Violence Act help you?

When a person with whom you live together abuses or threatens to abuse you physically or mentally, this is domestic violence.

In case of emergency – audio playback in English

Call the police!
The police can obligate the offender to leave the joint flat for 10 days. Then you will have the time to think about what you want to do.

What can you do?
First, you can enter into contact with a women’s counselling centre. In confidential conversations, you will be informed about your practical and legal options. The consultants will assist you with all necessary steps to be taken.

If you want to separate, you can file an application for lodging assignment with the competent local court. If the application is granted, the period during which the offender must not enter the flat will be extended, usually by further 6 months. For filing the application, you will need the documentation of the police intervention and, if applicable, medical certificates of injuries.

Apart from the above, you can cause a stay-away order to be imposed on the offender.

You can seek legal advice from a lawyer. If you do not have any income or only a low income, you can obtain a consulting voucher from the local court.

If you don’t feel safe.
If you don’t feel safe in your flat despite the protective order, you can seek shelter at a women’s refuge!

Take important documents for you and your children along with you when you leave the flat.

Here you can find help!
Emergency call of the police:
Tel. 110

The women’s refuge in the district of Düren:
Tel. 02421 17355

You can also enter into contact with a women’s refuge outside Düren.

“Violence against women” support hotline
Outside our opening hours, you can get information in various languages through the support hotline.
Tel. 08000 – 11 60 16 (free of charge / 24 hours)